Sunday, 30 March 2014

My First Blogger Event - Featuring Clarins and The Hard Rock Cafe

Hello! 

To be honest, when I first started blogging in November I didn't even know there were such things as blogger events and meet ups. This blog was just a little thing for me to take my mind off worries and anxiety. Since then I've been introduced to this lovely community full of amazing writers and trend setters and learnt SO much in a short space of time. I was really chuffed when I was contacted by Sarah from JamPR inviting me to an event at The Hard Rock Cafe in Manchester to celebrate the launch of their new menu. Clarins were also promoting their new radiance plus booster which i was keen to check out as I've only ever heard good things about them.


I took my Sister Kirsty and good pal Sarah with me and as soon as we got there (after a massive disagreement with our taxi driver which resulted us in being locked in his car.. fun) we were instantly greeted with some amazing looking cocktails. There were so many flavors it was was only right to try as many as we possibly could.

The staff were also kind enough to pass around some delicious treats. It was like a mini three course meal starting off with little cocktail sticks with tomatoes and feta cheese, bruschetta, and salads, then onto "mains" which were the cutest looking cheese burgers I've ever seen (yes, burgers can be cute!). And for desert they passed around mini oreo cheesecakes which was kind of like eating heaven in a bowl. 






The food was amazing. The atmosphere of the restaurant was amazing and not to mention being a fan of rock music I thought the playlist was amazing. I loved every last detail about the place from the guitars on the walls to the t shirt shop! I can't wait to go back again next time I'm in Manchester and sit down for a proper meal. 



Me, Sarah and Kirsty were also lucky enough to make our own cocktails behind the bar. The guy who helped us was really nice and made a huge effort not to laugh at me when i flipped the cup over my head and nearly knocked over some candles (haaaa). The concoction  in the middle photograph was my creation. Not so bad if i do say so myself. It was delicious. 




We were also treated to some hand treatments by the lovely ladies from Clarins. They explained how their new radiance booster worked. You add a few drops in with your normal moisturizer and it builds up a healthy looking glow over time. Much better than going on a sunbed in my opinion! 

The hand massages with Clarins products left them feeling so soft and fragrant that I was literally smelling my hands every 5 minutes. I bet I looked like a right weirdo to everyone else who attended. I was probably branded "The girl who was sniffing her fingers" ahaha. 

Cheeky bathroom selfie!

Overall I really enjoyed the night and what it had to offer. I came home with a goody bag full of Clarins products which I can't wait to try out. Hopefully if there's a next time I'll pluck up the courage to meet a few other bloggers. For my first go though I think I didn't do too bad!

Thanks for reading!
Have you ever attended a blogger event/meet up? What was your first impressions? Did you meet anyone new? I would love to hear your stories 


Check back on Wednesday for my next post :)

33 comments:

  1. Omg, I can't wait to attend my first bloggers event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I hope it comes round soon for you sweet!

      :) x

      Delete
  2. Looks like a nice evening (except the taxi thing) and I adore your hair color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was :) I'm glad I went and thank you so much!

      x

      Delete
  3. Such a nice little post, sounds like you had a great time!
    www.liannabell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. I wasn't sure if i was just blabbing on haha.
      I just wanted to share my experience with my lovely followers as I myself am always interested to hear about people attending events. I think its interesting to see what goes on.

      Thanks for the comment sweet x

      Delete
  4. Sounds like an amazing first bloggers event for you, will be interested to see what you think of the Clarins products.

    Kristy | http://itsablondiiething.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was great. A big confidence booster for me as i struggle attending anything thats not somewhere I'm used to. I'm glad i went. And the clarins goodies are lovely! I might do a post on them at some point x

      Delete
  5. Seems like you had super fun dear :) I so wanna try the Clarins skincare...Looking fwd to the reviews <3

    www.beautynbuzz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best start saving your pennies up as its bloody expensive but from what i can tell so far its worth it.

      It left my skin feeling amazing after i left the event :)

      x

      Delete
  6. What a cool experience. How did you begin relationships with PR companies? Did they approach you, or the other way around?

    silverliningsofanemptysummer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a lot of fun.

      They approached me. I received an email invite and I accepted and they took my name and added it to a guest list. That was pretty much it. Simple :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds fab! And the food looks awesome ! :)

    http://dispicableshe.blogspot.ie/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like such a fun event! The food looks good and the products sound lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My camera didn't catch the best of photos but with all the excitement happening its the best I could do haha.

      x

      Delete
  9. I've done a few bloggers events now, I always get so so nervous before I go but I make myself do it and always have a fantastic time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to attend more to gain some experience and meet new people.

      I literally don't know any local bloggers who I could become pals with which is a shame because I'd love to mingle with people who will let me talk about things they're interested in too.
      Hopefully attending a few more of these will change things :)

      x

      Delete
  10. Sounds like you had so much fun!! And the food looks really amazing and yummy! I've been to a meet up and it was all for promoting our city to the entire country, it was so much fun too with a lot of food! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing. I bet that was a lot of fun.

      Any place with free food is a thumbs up in my opinion ha

      x

      Delete
  11. Sounds like a lot of fun! The food looks delicious!
    I've never been to a blogger event... I hope one day I will be able to!

    tropicalcolours.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I'd ever go to one but it was a nice surprise receiving an invite. Could easily happen to anyone, yourself included :)

      x

      Delete
  12. sounds like such a fun night out! thats awesome and the food looked amazing!!! Wish there where more blogging events where I live haha. would be so much fun
    xx amber

    ambermagus.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, seems like london is the place to be. I get invited to so many down there but its pointless because i live so far away :(

      Hopefully there will be more in Manchester which I can go to :) and some near yourself too!

      Delete
  13. lucky this event look great
    xo

    http://devsnochaos.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  14. My mouth is watering for those cocktails! aha! You look so stunning with your hair like that! jealous! http://piercinglittlepunk.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were soooooo delicious.I was super impressed at the one i made haha.

      Thank you lovely :) I re-dyed it for the occasion lol

      x

      Delete
  15. I never really knew that they had blogger meetups and events!! Thats super cool!! I hope I get invited to one eventually
    http://littlebeautybloge.blogspot.co.uk/
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like you had such a great time. Well done =)
    I totally chickened out of my first blogger event a few months back - I didn't even think about taking someone with me...I'm so daft.
    Good luck at your next one xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing experience to be part of! I'd love to be able to go to an event like that sometime. Virtually dribbling over here, the food looks so yummy and your cocktail looks impressive!! Glad to hear you had a great time xxx

    Hannas’ UK Beauty | Lifestyle blog @ hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds like such a fun day! I've been blogging for six months now and like you, when I started, it was just a way of writing about my life and things I love as a way to distract myself from real life. In the future I'm really hoping to meet fellow bloggers and go to exciting events, so it's great reading about others events :)

    Jenny xx

    ramblingsofajaffacat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never been in a blogger event, but I have to say that I'd like to.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated :)
I read every single one and do my best to reply to all.
Please feel free to leave your blog links too as I like to take a little peak.