Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Punky Pins!


I'll be perfectly honest in this post. I'm not a big jewellery hoarder. Which is kind of strange because I work on a Jewellery counter at my Job so in theory you'd think I'd have countless statement necklaces and bling-tastic rings. This is not the case.

 However I recently came across a company named Punky Pins on another girls blog and noticed she'd received some quirky jewellery from them after attending an event. Normally this type of thing wouldn't catch my eye but their collection wasn't anything like I'd ever seen before. Skip ahead a week or so later I received an email from them asking if I'd like to choose some items to share with you all. I gladly accepted as they have some items that I actually really like.




The first item I picked was a bit of an odd one and probably not to everyone's taste but then again I'm not like most people. My styles and tastes go from border line dull to ridiculously out there so its probably no wonder to people who know me that I picked up the Grumpy Cat Necklace* and matching Grumpy Cat Earings*

Me and my boyfriend have this thing were we call each other grumpy cats when we are in a mood and it instantly gets us smiling again. This necklace and earing set will be a little reminder to each other of our little joke. I also think I'll get a kick out of wearing this to work during my shifts on customer services serving all the grumpy customers.
Both items are quite sturdy. With the earings being small I thought the backs of them would damage quickly or fall off but they've been great to wear so far. And I can't fault the necklace either. The chain is really thick and durable so I won't have to worry about snapping it.

Secondly I picked up this Winking Metal Owl Necklace* as I thought it was adorable. I had one similar to it in the past but it was plastic and the paint flaked off it. I know with my new one being metal I'll get more use out of it. It also has a nice long 60cm chain so this will be great to wear with an outfit with maybe another necklace on top. 



Lastly with spring in place I decided I wanted a new pair of sunnies so went for the Black Heart Shaped Sunglasses*. Nothing too fancy but has enough edge to keep me happy. They're really affordable too and look great on.

For a girl who's not into jewellery as much as others I'm surprisingly happy with what I've got. The staff were lovely and sent my order straight away. There was no hassle at all and if I ever decide to order from them again I can say I'd do it in confidence knowing I'll be getting a good service. I'd recommend Punky Pins to anyone who likes jewellery that's a little bit out there. Their stuff is fun and quirky and reasonably cheap too! Once more everything is handmade which makes it that little bit special in my opinion. Their items would make for a cute little gift or just a treat for yourself!

Thanks for reading!


What do you think of the items I picked up from Punky Pins? Would you buy anything from their website?
Let me know your thoughts in the comments :)


21 comments:

  1. This stuff looks really cool!! I love the sunnies and the owl necklace!!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sunglasses so much :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow these look amazing , absolutely love the sunglasses and the grumpy cat stuff ! its defiantly different :)
    The Inked Blonde-Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the owl necklace! The sunnies are adorable as well and the grumpy cat set is hilarious!!! She's so cute Xx

    miabrielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Grumpy Cat jewelry is love. <3333

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the jewellery is really quirky and therefore, fun to wear! I am extremely passionate about owls and love this necklace! You have a good taste in jewellery and made some good choices!! <3 xx

    nessiehere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I need the Grumpy Cat necklace. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Grumpy Cat earrings are so funny! And that owl necklace is so fun -- it really reminds me of a few years ago when owls were a huge trend.

    daniellecaliforniaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pieces look really cool!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love these pieces. They are really eclectic.
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice items
    xo


    http://devsnochaos.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need the grumpy cat necklace!<3 and your sunglasses are so fab!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely love the owl necklace. Great items you decided to pick :)
    Vicki x

    What A Little Pickle

    ReplyDelete
  14. love love the owl. Do you wear them often?
    http://reneehartsthis.blogspot.com.au/
    Renee x
    A cruelty free blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cool! :) I am actually quite obsessed with Grumpy Cat! :)

    Could you check out my blog and follow it on bloglovin? I will follow back immediatley!
    I have a new blog post every day!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, these are lovely!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow ,these are amazing,love the Grumpy Cat Necklace!!
    http://cinnamonanddanako.blogspot.co.uk/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Following you 393 ,hope you will follow me back!
    http://cinnamonanddanako.blogspot.co.uk/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nominated you for the Sunshine Award. For details please check out my post: http://theprincessoftea.blogspot.ca/2014/04/sunshine-award.html Have a Great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the owl necklace! New fan of your blog :)

    www.muslimahluvsmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated :)
I read every single one and do my best to reply to all.
Please feel free to leave your blog links too as I like to take a little peak.