Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Hair, Lips, Eyes and Cheeks - Cheap buys that really work!






Hello Everyone!

I'm here today with another budget beauty post!


If your anything like me, round about this time of month I see my wage becoming more and more scarce which means when I'm running low on my make-up items I panic!

As much as I adore high ended make-up I can't always afford it which is why today I'm going to show you guys 4 products I swear by which I use on my hair, lips, eyes and cheeks.

All are SO reasonably affordable and should see you through to your next pay day.
In no particular order.


Cheeks!


This is by far one of my favorite blushers. Sleek have such a wonderful array of colours too which for £4.49 have me going back for more each time I visit Boots or Superdrug. These blushers are highly pigmented and I always see myself reaching for this one over my illamasqua in hussy. All their products come in super sturdy compact packing which is great for just popping in your bag and touching up on the go with the handy little mirror that comes inside. This blusher goes a long way and goes on so well with a nice soft texture! A proper bargain in my opinion!

Eyes






I'm always on the look out for a new eyeliner as I am ever trying to perfect the strenuous cat eye flick on the corners of my eyes and finally I think I've found the one that I really like. Soap and Glory's "Supercat Eyeliner Pen" is one I decided to give a go with on a spur of the moment decision as it only comes in at £6.00 and after using it I haven't looked back. It is so easy to apply as you literally draw it on as you would with a pen. It has a pointy nib at the end which helps me to create the look I'm going for as well as having the option to adjust it to make it thicker. I find just going over it once does the job. I never need to apply more and once more it stays on till the end of the day! I love it!


Hair







I've had bright red hair for years which as you'll probably have guessed I've tried many products to keep the colour intact. Some just don't cut it and fade to the dullest of mousy browns. When a friend recommended I try Directions hair dye I was a bit skeptical but since using it I haven't tired anything since! These pots come in at £4.00 each from my local tattoo and piercing shop (most of them do it) and my hair has never been so vibrant! Once more these are less damaging than other products I've used as they have plenty conditioner within the dye. They come in so many amazing colours and are a real winner over the more expensive hair dyes in my opinion.


Lips



Sadly you can't buy these lip crayons online but the good news is is that they are stocked in Primark (and who doesn't shop in Primark ey?...unless your outside of the UK, sorry!). This gem cost me a mere £1.50 and I picked it up on my usual spending splurge while in store thinking "hey if its crap it doesn't matter for the price". I was actually REALLY pleasantly surprised. I bought it in the shade nude and although its not as amazing as some lip products I've tried and the colour pay off isn't as good, it works out as a really nice moisturizing lip balm which feels great and leaves a nice sheen.



That's everything! Done.Done.Done!

Hopefully you've seen something you'll be willing to try. Who knows, it might save you some pennies!

If you did enjoy this post let me know in the comments and maybe I'll do something similar.

Thanks for reading and don't forget guys that I'm up for the "next newcomer" award at this years cosmopolitan blog awards. Every vote counts :)





badge
click the link to vote for me :) 

30 comments:

  1. This makes me wish I lived in the UK. Oh well...

    Theatricality by Mariah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww shucks! Maybe you can order most things online? :)
      get them shipped over!

      x

      Delete
  2. I like the eyeliner!!
    XOX, Gap.
    www.gaptoothedgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The primark lip crayon sounds good, I will be having a nose - thanks :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its good value if you want just a simple balm/lip gloss. Makes my lips feel really soft and nice :)

      x

      Delete
  4. The eyeliner is my favorite!
    www.paintitrogue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I think its one of my favorites too. Haven't found anything better for the same price :)

      x

      Delete
  5. I love Sleek blushes! And I really like supercat for a cheap eye liner it wears so well :)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can literally wear it all day without it smudging! So good!
      Sleek blushes are also a favorite of mine :)

      x

      Delete
  6. great post!
    that blush is such a gorgeous colour :)

    TooClothesForComfort

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you pretty lady :)

      Sleek have so many gorgeous coloured blushes. I want them all!

      :) x

      Delete
  7. Great post! The Sleek blushers have amazing pigmentation for the price x

    Kirsty
    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Can't believe they're under a fiver considering how good they are. I need to own them all!

      x

      Delete
  8. I have the eyeliner and I love it ! easy to use and lasts all day :)
    Melissa || My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I came across it. Much better than the maybeline one i was using :)

      Delete
  9. I really wanna try the hair dye, does your tattoo & piercing shop ship the dyes? and the lips crayon - the color is amazing - .

    xx
    http://loadsof-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get directions hair dye from most tattoo and piercing shops. Or they sell them on ebay and amazon and I'm sure a few other places if you googled :)

      Delete
  10. I love posts like this, although living in nz it is usually pretty hard to find things that people mention. Why can't they just have the same stuff available everywhere?! :)
    the Earth through a Lens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha awww I know. But i bet you guys have some great products I can't use.

      Its always good going to a different country and buying different things to try too!
      Anything I really want I scout out on the internet :)

      Glad you liked reading my post :)

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That blusher is an awesome color!

    www.brendybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know that Soap and Glory did a liquid eyeliner! Definitely gonna have to give that a whirl!

    Sam xo sjmcdf

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have heard lots of positive reviews towards the Sleek palette. Thanks for reviewing this one!

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! You've got a lovely blog! Would you like to follow each other? Let me know :)
    http://paolaavantgisselle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling, you blog is so beautiful! I’m impressed! Your photos and posts are amazing! I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a lovely and helpful post for me thank you !! Xxx that soap and glory eyeliner looks really good ! X Check out my latest blog post at http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk !! Xx followers are desperately needed xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post, Sammeh! I always use the soap and glory Supercat eyeliner - it's so good! Loving all of your other product choices too, the lipgloss pencil is such a nice colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm using that eyeliner at the moment and really love it!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win USA beauty goodies from lorac, tarte etc on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated :)
I read every single one and do my best to reply to all.
Please feel free to leave your blog links too as I like to take a little peak.