Sunday, 17 May 2015

High street beauty purchases - Boots


Getting up at 4.15am nearly every morning for work has its perks. Number one being that I see a little difference in my wage at the end of the month for working unsociable hours.
Now I'm back into writing again I really want to expand on what products I want to test and use. There are so many brands that I have never even contemplated trying just because I am so set in using products that are right for me and that I know work.

With a few extra pennies in my bank account I felt the insane urge (like most girls) to treat myself to something new. I visited my local Boots store and picked up 5 new items. With the 3 for 2 offer on all make-up in full swing it was the perfect time to raid the counters. I decided the first thing I would buy would be the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation as I wasn't overly keen on the one I was previously using. Being that it's full coverage foundation it suited my needs and I have to say since trying it, so far so good! Review on this perhaps? Yey or ney?

The second item I purchased was the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil which for £2.99 is worth having in your make-up bag. Now considering perfect brows are massively popular right now, I'm not the kind of girl who spends an abundant amount of time filling them in. When I give it my best shot they resemble two huge mustaches over growing above my eyes. However, I find this simple pencil super easy to use. Takes all of two minutes to draw in and jobs and good one!

If you've previously read my blog then you'll know that the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder is a favorite of mine and all round winner for most girls. I picked this up to complete my 3 for 2 offer as it is simply something that I always need and use. Its probably the best affordable powder (in my opinion) and is great for setting my look for the day.


A new product I decided to give a whirl was the No7 Match Made Concealer which originally comes in at £7.50. I purchased it for a mere £4.50 with a No7 Boots voucher which they most always provide on your last purchase from the store. I first came into contact with this little beauty while visiting my boyfriend in Huddersfield. One was lying among all of his manly products (I assume it belonged to an old girlfriend or something) and it caught my eye with the cute packaging. Unfortunately they have since changed this but I'm all for this product as it blends really well into my skin and doesn't appear to look cakey. I really like this so far!



Lastly I decided to pick up a new lipstick as my love for big dark bold lips has increased in the past few months (I don't care if spring is here, I will still be rocking plum colours even when it goes out of style). I purchased the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick and I have to say these are much better than the ones I have been using from the Kate Moss collection. They leave my lips feeling conditioned and fierce with the added bonus of extra staying power. I can't wait to buy more!

So that's everything I have picked up recently. What beauty products have you been splurging out on? Anything you swear by and I should know about? I would love to try anything new so let me know.

Thanks for reading. x

Photos & Words - Sammeh Williamson

12 comments:

  1. Apparently dark red lipsticks have been making an appearance on the catwalks according to Harper's Bazaar so there could be a whole new spring trend on the way. Thanks for sharing your treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Rimmel foundation, so good x

    www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard a lot of good things about rimmel lipstick! i may give it a try xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when Boots do a 3-for-2 offer. It's so easy to fill as basket anyway, so might as well save some money. I used to really love that Rimmel powder, but it always disintegrates after I hit pan. No idea why! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Rimmel moisture renew lipsticks, I've been using the lasting finish nude foundation lately and I love it so I think I may have to just give the original a go x
    http://www.coleoftheball.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just nearly died when I saw 4:15am!!! I need some new makeup so I think il be taking a gander at Rimmel now! I Am fond of their bronzers! Good post :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that Rimmel Renew lip shade, such a pretty hue.

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rimmel stay matte pressed powder is such a great product. I love the lipstick u got. Thinking of getting one now.Have u tried loreal true match foundation? Its so great i love it.

    Rafiia Hussain
    mysteriousblogger21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Rimmel lipstick looks gorgeous :)

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good choice, the powder is my go to! It's nice to read about more affordable products on blogs!

    Cloey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, that Stay Matte powder is a must, as it really helps keep my oily skin shine free.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely picks! I would love to read a review on the foundation, also love the look of the lipstick x
    han // em&han xo

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated :)
I read every single one and do my best to reply to all.
Please feel free to leave your blog links too as I like to take a little peak.